Monday 26 November 2012

A Man Cave Re-organised: A Shelf-ish Peace

A Man Cave Re-organised
(or A Shelf-ish Peace comes to the Empire)

Finally moved the entire Empire Army off the Pool/Gaming Table, assembled the waiting bookcases, and rearranged the shelves. Took me most of Friday night and Sunday. The building/painting surfaces, storage for paints, glue and bits all rearranged. Empire Army in its entirity (well almost) up on the shelves. Shipped off the Australian and Indian 20mm figures to their own shelf, and the almost finished German King Tiger, the 3rd Flak Quad Vierling and halfway converted Puma joined them shortly after. (Okay... I won't mention WW2 or 20mm again)


Unofficial Cult of Ulric Supplement, would like to give this a go with my Knights of the White Wolf at some point, like-wise with the Unofficial Kislev

Friday night saw me using Shelleys Pre-mixed Gap Filler to fill the bases before magnetising all, yes all, of my Empire Cavalry, and all my Nordland Flaggellants. My special characters all had their character flaws filled, and their bases magnetised. The Elector Count Luc, my son, nicely summerised it when he came into the cave late Sunday afternoon: "Great! Now we have 360 degrees of Warhammer!"

Nordland handgunners and swordsmen still need their bases filled, and then I can start building those Demigryph cavalry, Ludwig Schwartzhelm and Kurt Helborg. Luther Huss is built, ready to be primed. I promised myself that I would not start on them before everything else was done. So they still reside in the pile of shame with the Talabheim Greatswords. I have just about finished my Karl Franz on Deathclaw conversion, from the High Elf Griffin, rather than buying current Karl of a puffed pigeon griffon.

So organised now:
1. One cupboard full of mostly completed armies (My Dark Elves, Dwarfs, Greenskins, Vampires, The Elector Count Luc's Tau, Ogres and Lizardmen)
2.Another containing my Chaos army and Chaos Daemons, Mordheim bits and the soon-to-be-sold remnants of our Space Marine and CSM Armour,
3. 4-piece shelf with the empire, and dragons and giants and other things to large to fit the cupboard shelves, and my modeling tools, pains and painting station.
4. A (finally or temporarily) clear bar/bench top surface, with space under it filled with bitz boxes, and 2 shelves of shame: One for the unbuilt WHFB models, and another for Unbuilt 20mm WW2 (Oops...said it again)
5. Low cupboard containing all the WW2 20mm armies, armour and also terrain, as well as all the HO/OO railway bits
6. Shelf containing all the Gaming literature and rule books
7. 3-4 containers full of terrain, a castle for sieges etc

No comments:

Post a Comment